Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Swingset

As the nice weather started to come and Spring came closer, I started becoming more persistent in my idea that a swing set would be a great addition to our backyard this summer. I grew up with a swing set and loved it. It also makes me smile to hear the stories from my Mom and why she loved that we had a swing set. So I did a lot of daily searching on Craig's list, went and looked at a few swing sets, and even made a trip to the Rainbow warehouse. And after a couple months we found it...exactly what we had been looking for. It took some good friend's help and a lot of leveling, but finally Nick had it all together and we were putting it to use. A fun highlight-within the first weekend we had it-Grant had taught himself to swing. But there has also been picnic's in the fort, great make-believe ship rides, many goofy "Grant tricks" on the slide, and of course lots of u nderdogs! So needless to say, we love it! I have to laugh because many a days Grant is out there singing and that's what my Mom said was one of her favorite memories of us on the swing set. I'm looking forward to hearing many more songs. :)

No comments: