Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A White Christmas in Nebraska

Nebraska was hit with storms over the holidays that left a lot of people unable to reach their Christmas destinations (including some of our family). But fortunately for Nick, Grant, and I we were able to leave a little earlier than planned and get back to Kearney before these storms arrived. We were glad we did as it was fun to see family and get Grant some time with his cousins.
Speaking of cousins, I thought this picture was just too adorable to not be shared. This is Grant's cousins-Max and Ted Twit-they thought some of Grandpa Mark's animals needed some Christmas decor. I would say they did a pretty good job!After many days of being stuck inside due to the weather (which was actually very relaxing, so I'm not complaining). It was really nice to meet up with some of my family at the Holiday Inn water park and exert some energy. Grant is really starting to be a little fish. He had so much fun playing in the water, watching his cousins, uncle, and even his Grandma Mimi go down the waterslides, and of course drinking the water. I know that is so gross but he seems to love to duck his head under the water (which we praised him for) but then realized he was doing it more in part to get a nice big drink. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday and are looking forward to all that 2010 has in store...I know we are!

1 comment:

Colette said...

Another great post! I hope I get to go swimming with Grant sometime this summer - looks like fun :)